Encourage the love and respect of nature with your kids and start a Leaf Art Journal. Kids can collect leaves throughout the summer and record their collections in an art journal.
- blank notebook
- colored pencils
- tree identification guide (try your local library)
- scotch tape
- Gather your materials together
- Collect leaves throughout the year.
- Press the leaves between clean pages in the journal and tape the leaf stem onto the page to help keep it in place
- On the page, you can record such things as where and when you found the leaf, a description of it’s characteristics (size, shape, color, etc.) and anything else that you want to record.
- Use the tree guide to identify the leaf so you can record it in your journal along with any other interesting facts.
- Draw your own pictures of the leaf and/or the tree it