Here is an easy afternoon activity for your kids that used things you already have around your house – magazines, decorative paper, etc. The beads can then be used to make special pieces of jewelry such as bracelets, pins or necklaces.
- magazines, decorative paper or other items
- ribbon, string or cord
- cut 1 1/2″ by 12″ strips from the magazine pages or decorative paper
- draw a diagonal line with the ruler from one corner to the opposite corner creating 2 triangles
- cut along the line
- wrap the wide end of the paper around a pencil
- place glue on the inside top edge of the strip
- contiue to roll the strip all the way, making sure you keep it tight
- glue the end of the strip and slip off pencil
- allow to dry
- use the ribbon, cord or string to string the beads to make your desired piece of art
Have fun and see what other ideas your kids have to make gifts out of the beads – let the creative juices flow!