Your kids can create a collection of paper animals with this project. They are made of folded paper and can be decorated to their liking. When done, they make great toys, homemade gifts or handmade greeting cards.
- sheets of construction paper
- colored pencils
- items for decorating such as glitter, sequins, ribbon, etc.
- fold the sheets of construction paper in half so that the short ends meet
- draw animal shapes so that the top of the animal is along the folded edge
- cut out the shape leaving the folded part uncut
- open slightly so that it stands up for display
Children can create a circus train, a petting zoo, a barnyard, a safari, a seaworld or whatever their favorite animals are.