Fire safety is just as important at Halloween as it is during the rest of the year. It may even be more important because of the extra responsibilities that the holiday brings. Here are some safety tips to help keep your Trick or Treaters and family safe.
- 1) Costumes and decorations should be made of flame-resistant material
- 2) Avoid wearing loose, flammable clothing
- 3) Each mask, wig and costume should be easily seen at night
- 4) Use battery powered lights for jack-o-lanterns, not candles
- 5) Keep decorations away from sources of heat, such as exposed bulbs and open flames
- 6) Have an adult check all candy before children eat it
Have a safe Halloween!
the folks at Cow & Lizard