Innovative Kids makes a great series called the Groovy Tube Book. It is a lot of fun packed into one toy. The Arctic Chill has a fact book, plastic animals neatly tucked in the plastic tube and a game board. Arctic Animals are rough tough and totally cool. Kids will find zany illustrations, awesome photos, fascinating facts, 15 toy animals and a terrific trivia game to introduce kids to the chilly world of Arctic Animals.
Inside the tube, there are the following animals: Arctic Fox, Arctic Hare, Arctic Wolf, Beluga Whale, Caribou, Harp Seal, Lynx, Moose, Musk Ox, Narwhal, Polar Bear, Puffin, Siberian Tiger, Walrus and a Wolverine. The book tells about each animals and gives the cold facts.Once kids read the book, they can play the Arctic Animal Adventure board game.
ARCTIC CHILL - Playing the Game
- The board game is meant for 2 or 3 players.
- Contains a game board, 15 animal toys, 3 play markers (tokens), and trivia questions.
- The object of the game is to collect all five animals in a given region of the Arctic - the Taiga, the Tundra or the Ice Cap.
- To set up, place the plastic animal toys on the board on their appropriate spaces. Players then place their tokens anywhere on the board to start.
- Decide who will go first. At the start of the turn, the player spins the spinner and moves his or her token the given number of spaces, either clockwise or counterclockwise.
- If you land on an animal that you already have, your turn is over. If you land on an animal that has not yet been claimed, or is owned by another player, then you must answer a trivia question. Have another player read you a trivia question in the back of the book.
- If you answer the question correctly, you may claim the plastic toy animal representing that animal - either off the board or away from the player who had owned it. If you attempt to steal an animal from another player, but you answer the question incorrectly, then that player gets to steal any animal from you - but only if you have at least one.
- The game ends when any player has collected all five animals from a given region. That player has won! In a 3-player game, you only need to collect three animals from any given region.
Collect them all - they are fun and educational!